Pages

Friday, August 6, 2021

umbrella writing

 Kia ora, how are you?

For this terms PBL we are learning about empathy so for our writhing we watched a short film called umbrella to understand empathy a little bit more. Then we had to write a bit of the short film that we watched. 

Here is my writing

-Umbrella- 


Early one dreary wintry morning, the door to Miss Elem’s Home for Children sprung open. The girl with the vibrant sunshine yellow umbrella nervously entered the orphanage before finding a home for her umbrella.

Not wanting to be seen, Boris quickly whipped his head around the door frame so that he was hidden from view. 

Standing off to the side the girl watched as the other children started to ding deep down into the box of toys. 

The girl started to smile as she watched the young boy bolting across the room like a rocket ship.

 Her smile quickly disappeared as she saw her umbrella had vanished, and all that was left was a couple of puddles her beloved umbrella had vanished!!


Can you find the similes in this text?

  

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Jules,

    This is a great piece of writing. You have used many adjectives and adverbs to enhance your writing, well done. The simile that you have used was ' bolting across the room like a rocket' that was a great way to explain how the boy was moving. Do you enjoy these writing workshops?
    Mrs Bryce

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post