Pages

Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Persuasive writing

 Koa ora, and welcome back 

this week we have been looking out pervasive writing so are create this week was to make a persuasive argument so the topic I chose was save the animals and stop littering

So here is my persuasive argument... 


Save the animals and stop littering 


Stop littering!!!!!

Who loves animals? Well what if I told you there  was a way that you could help the animals from getting killed . All you would need to do is take an extra minute or two to put your rubbish in the bin. 


Instead of just putting rubbish on the floor you should actually stop and think about how this affects the environment.  For example plastic litter,  plastic litter is one of the most common killers of animals, but particularly marine animals. Each year over 100,000 dolphins, fish, whales, turtles, and more drown after becoming tangled in or digesting plastic litter. Even  just picking up someone else's litter can make a big difference in the world . So after looking at what this really does to the animals will you stop littering? 




2 comments:

  1. Hi Jules, that’s a great piece of persuasive writing. You hooked me in with a rhetorical question at the beginning, and could back up your statements with facts. You are right in that it doesn’t take much of an effort to pop your rubbish (or someone else’s) into the bin. It makes our environment tidy, plus eliminates any animals getting harmed too. We all love dolphins don’t we?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi how are you?,
      thank you for the lovely comment and yes I do love dolphins.
      -Jules

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post